- Measuring cholesterol is only part of the process of managing cardiovascular health.
- Lifestyle issues must be considered and patients supported to make changes where possible.
- It is important to consider other underlying conditions as a possible cause of raised lipids.
- Patients should be fully involved in decisions about the management of cardiovascular risk.
- Statins are an important tool in reducing cardiovascular risk and are safe if prescribed with appropriate follow up and monitoring.